Friday, December 26, 2008

50 Cent Vs. Lil Wayne... Finally

Louisianimal ft. Lil Boosie - Lil Wayne

It has finally started, 50 Cent has to put a record out... I mean, the beef between he and Lil Wayne has ignited. Yay, another war between Black men with money, because they didn't like what each other said about them. While I believe this beef started looong ago (read below), people believe that Fiddy took the first shot when he called Weezy a "whore" for appearing on everyone's records and questioned his sexuality for kissing Baby in that picture years ago.

Those are fighting words for sure.

"The Best Rapper Alive" (smh) didn't want no parts of beef with the G-Unit General. At first he took the whore insult as a compliment, stating that he likes being a whore because it is a man that sleeps with everyone. He would have been more insulted if he was called a ho because they can be taken advantage of. Really? Now I paraphrased that, so I'm sure the actual quote is so much more ignorant.

Later he admitted he just didn't want beef with 50 Cent. It was okay, that gorilla is a career killer. However, the beatdown "Curtis" received at the hands of "Graduation," the loss of Young Buck and the platinum-in-a-week Carter III might have changed the tides.

In any case, " Louisianimal " began making rounds on the internet, as well as appearing on "The Drought is Over Pt. 6" mixtape. In it, Lil Wayne proclaims defiantly, "All about a dolla, f*ck two quarters/B*tch I'll pour syrup in that Vitamin Water/I hope you die ugly, and tonight will be gorgeous."

Although message boards and blogs have claimed the track was old and leaked, 50 did not retaliate, but is now addressing the matter in an interview. "It doesn’t matter if it’s old or not. Now I know how you feel,” said 50. "I'll leave it like it is right now and wait till I'm comfortable and then I’ll do what I do. Think about it, no one from his camp said it was a leak. We could assume it was leak but he's a celebrity. If it was a leak, he would come out and say something."

I’m really not surprised by this. 50 came at Ja Rule and Murder Inc. for “Get Rich or Die Tryin’.” He came at Fat Joe, Jadakiss and NaS for The Massacre. The previously mentioned “Curtissssss” was marketed against Kanye West. Obviously Lil Wayne is his next ploy for “Before I Self Destruct.” HELL, “Power of the Dollar,” his first mixtape, featured “How To Rob,” which came at all the rappers around in 2002. It was Jay-Z’s response to that single that put this nuisance on.

Dammit Hov.

I have to sound off on this one. What actually annoys me is his response on the state of hip-hop, "I wanna bring hip hop back to where you can actually rap and sell records… The format now is to go get T-Pain or go get someone who consistently has radio airplay and hope it translate into sales for you," 50 continued. "Think about it, which average rap artist has a record out and it’s just them. You gotta respect Kanye for that; he's the only one who made his own record. He made an R&B record but it was still his own record."

This man is talking about music for the sake of sales? The entire premise of his career is based on how much he has sold and not how much he has influenced. Hip-hop is true to the art form and the message (however diluted from the artist’s real life). This man still does not understand that Jay-Z will always be more important to hip-hop AND New York City no matter how many albums he sells worldwide or how big his share of Vitamin Water is.

Also, 50 Cent is one of the main reasons that guys are collaborating with R&B artists. Actually… Ja Rule is the biggest… but ole Fiddy made it cool again. Hello? “21 Questions ft. Nate Dogg,” “Candy Shop ft. Olivia,” “Best Friend ft. Olivia,” “Ayo Technology ft. Timbaland and Justin Timberlake,” “Follow My Lead ft. Robin Thicke.” Those are just his: forget the sob stories by out G-Unit members and the R&B singles he’s featured on.

Asked if he would be experimenting on “Before I Self Destruct” like Kanye West did on “808's & Heartbreak,” 50 replied: "It's an experiment because it's me seeing whether I can go back to the original format and bring the art form back. I’m sure next year my camp is gonna be influencing a lot because they are gonna see all three of us come out next year. Me, Em and Dre."

I hope he self destructs before the album comes out. Or at least bricks afterward.

>KABOOM<

No comments: