Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Day in History

Or, One A-hole's Take on a Day in History

Tuesday, January 20, 2009. LITERALLY the start of a new chapter in history. If you weren't there, you were watching. If you weren't watching, you're more pitiful than terrorist, because I guarantee Osama found a tv in his cave to watch the "house negro of America."

Unfortunately I didn't skip class like the patriotic nigga I should have, so I came at the start of the ceremony. I did see the First family walk in. The girls were cute as usual, although the oldest one was that awkward bowlegged walk like her momma. Prez knew that it was cold, negro should have had a hat on! Tryna front... I would have been up there with my hat, dog ears down!



Did anyone else feel like Rev. Rick Warren's prayer was more of a political statement? I wasn't feelin the way Rev. Warren said the girls' names. I figure dude knew he was dealing with ethnic names, so he was just going to attack them like the devil. SASHA... and MALIA.

I can't mess with Aretha Franklin. Not the queen. Maybe her church hat... but not her.

Vice President Joe Biden is cool. I bet he's not going to be talking sh*t about Barack anymore though. A administration of rivals turned pole jockers? I doubt it, but everyone is going to be giving homeboy his proper respect.



That John Williams piece was tight! I hope it's on iTunes. That cellist was looking at the violinist like they were battling. The violinist focused like he wasn't even worth it LOL. I loved how SASHA was cuttin up on the violinist though, that lil diva. Cut up any more and I'm sure Michelle will be giving those Executive *ss Whoopings.



Chief Justice John G. Roberts is a hater and I know he screwed up the oath on purpose! Prez tried to save face, but he had already jumped the gun. Or was that another f*ck up for his honor?!

We must note however, that Obama was President as of 12 noon according to the law established by the Constitution. He took the oath around 12:30. Does anyone else recognize the onset of... CP TIME? I hope this isn't a habit for our first Black President.

Prez got in that *ss. People were talking about how this wasn't a speech for the ages. It wouldn't resonate like his race speech or his speech on Election night. I think it wasn't the time for rhetoric. It was a sound off on the things that plague America's people, her safety, and her values. He told it like it is and what it should be, not feel good sh*t like how it could be. He challenge those terrorists and rogue states without alienating the people they "represented," so much better than "bring it on" or "dead or alive."

I messes with it. Feel me?

The poet was strange to me. Maya Angelou would have been my only choice. If she can do a Tyler Perry film she can definitely spare time for the Inauguration. But oh well.



The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Lowery was funny. Even though he co-founded the SCLC with MLK, I don't think he gets as many props because he's still alive. If he was assassinated, maybe we'd be enjoying a holiday in his honor too. His prayer was tight, though I'm sure some white people didn't think his "white finally believe what's right" comment was nice.



YO, the Prez's limo is a Cadillac Escalade with 36 inch rims! I guess I check a see "the Beast," the Secret Service nickname for the limo, all the time in the hood. I didn't get those agents walking beside the limo. If it's built like a tank then it can take most explosions, right? They can't. And even if someone were to just try, those guys are still SOL.

I feel bad for Senators Ted Kennedy and John Byrd, but seriously, could we just get like small updates on their condition. This is the President's Inauguration celebration, stay focused.

Why the hell was CNN so fascinated with the fact that the Obamas had rhythm? I am not going to get on their *sses for their obsession with what Michelle and the girls were wearing, I'd like to think it was more about them being young than they being Black. Those commentators were treating them like they were in a zoo though, gawking at every little thing they did.

And why were they so caught up in the fact that the President and First Lady would be out until 3 in the morning or so. Do they not realize that the Obamas are from Chi-town? They are not homebodies like them old men before them, they are young (enough) and hip.

And apparently Black, because they were running late AGAIN.

CNN didn't want to say the real reason why past presidents didn't connect with the majority Black DC area, but Black people know why this Black president can shout them out the Neighborhood Ball. Black people will also not be surprised if the next president suddenly drops the ball.



Michelle Obama was looking good. Big ups to Prez for shouting her out, Black men need to know how to treat their Black women. If I was Barack, Secret Service would have been on extra call, because I would have been hopping into the crowd fighting any nigga that whistled at her.

MALIA and SASHA better have had their butts in bed. I know they had school today! My 2 lil sisters are the same age, just as big divas too...

BTW, work the next morning at 7:45 AM? Not for this nigga.

>KABOOM<

No comments: